Alpitel boasts years of experience in the transport industry around the road: including railways, motorways and urban transport.
It specialises in the production of signalling, safety and technological systems and in making tunnels safe for use.
Despite starting out as a TLC networks developer, Alpitel’s ability to stay ahead of the field and its constant attention to market innovations have allowed it to boost its skills and specialisms in this sector.
Today, Alpitel is able to develop network installations and value-added systems.
It provides turnkey rail and tram solutions encompassing design, installation and maintenance.
Its main clients are Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI) and the consulting company of the Italian State Railways, Italferr, for which it produced Light & Motive Power and TLC systems in order to make the tunnels safe and roll out Centralised Traffic Control (CTC) systems.
Alpitel carries out the following installations for the railways:
• Signalling and safety systems for stationmasters and cabins (SCMT, SCC, CTC)
• Supervisory control and data acquisition systems (SCADA)
• Telephony and IP data transmission networks (LAN, WLAN)
• Fixed and mobile telecommunications networks (copper, optic fibre, radio and wireless)
• Safety and security equipment (fire protection, access control, anti-intrusion, CCTV)
• Light and Motive Power Installations (LMP)
• Public Address systems
• GSM-R and radio coverage systems in tunnels
• Selective and non-selective integrated telephony systems
• Loudspeaker systems for stations (DS)